Personal Data Protection Notice
This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of QwikPay. For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”).
Description of your personal data
Your personal data processed by QwikPay includes:-
- your personal details (such as name, date of birth, identification support documents including partial NRIC or passport number) and contact details (such as e-mail address, and phone numbers);
- parking payment and credit top-up transaction details from e-Payment (QwikPay website/ QwikPay Mobile App/other platforms) and credit top-up agents;
- your feedback information gathered from multiple sources such as e-mail, phone, write-in (mail or official feedback form);
- your visit(s) to QwikPay’s website/ QwikPay Mobile App – name of internet service provider, the website from which you visit QwikPay website/ QwikPay Mobile App, the pages and content which you view, the date and duration of your visit, cookies to track usage patterns, etc from the analytics tools such as Google Analytics and others;
- your personal interests and preferences to help QwikPay design the offering of its services;
- Information given voluntarily by you during any on-ground promotions or digital activities, tie-ups, contests, etc; and
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you and deliver information that is requested by you to you and/or, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of QwikPay’s website/ QwikPay Mobile App;
- To process any communication you send to QwikPay (for example, answering any queries, dealing with any complaints and/or feedbacks);
- To notify and/or invite you to events or activities organized by QwikPay, its subsidiaries, partners or sponsors;
- To notify you about benefits, changes to the features, promotions, alerts, newsletter, updates, promotional materials and special privileges;
- To send you festive greetings and parking-related content;
- To run QwikPay’s customer loyalty programmes where applicable;
- To establish and better manage any business relationship QwikPay may have with you;
- To help QwikPay monitor and improve its services to you, QwikPay’s overall service, QwikPay’s staff training, QwikPay’s quality assurance, QwikPay’s customer service teams, QwikPay’s website & QwikPay Mobile App and other QwikPay related assets;
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research and surveys);
- To maintain records required for auditing, security, claims and/or other legal purposes;
- To investigate and resolve any issues, queries, complaints or other enquiries that you may submit to QwikPay regarding QwikPay’s products and services through QwikPay’s customer service team or staff;
- To investigate, respond to, and/or defend claims made against, or involving QwikPay and/or its relevant subsidiaries;
- For compliance with and/or any purposes required by any relevant law, directives, guidelines, orders, rules, regulations and requirements of any governmental or statutory authority or administrative or regulatory or supervisory body (including disclosure thereunder); and
- Any other purposes relating or incidental to any of the above.
Source of your personal data
Your personal data is collected directly from you when you:-
- interact and communicate with QwikPay and/or its related subsidiaries, partners or sponsors at any of its events or activities;
- communicate with QwikPay (for example when you purchase credit top up and monthly passes via QwikPay channels, or when you contact QwikPay for any enquiries including by getting in touch with QwikPay’s customer service register or subscribe for a specific service or publications of QwikPay (for example, newsletters or register as a QwikPay Website Member);
- participate in any of QwikPay’s surveys, polls or other similar vehicles used to improve the content of QwikPay’s website/ QwikPay Mobile App, or used for QwikPay’s marketing purposes;
- enter or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes organized by QwikPay and/or its subsidiaries;
- register your interest and/or request for information through QwikPay online portals or other available channels;
- respond to any marketing materials that QwikPay sends out;
- visit or browse QwikPay’s website, QwikPay apps and any other QwikPay owned platforms;
- lodge a complaint with QwikPay; and
- provide feedback to QwikPay (for example via QwikPay’s website or in hard copy).
- Other than the personal data obtained from you directly as stated above, QwikPay may also obtain your personal data from third parties which QwikPay deals with or are connected with you, and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of your personal data and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:-
- to make a data request in writing to QwikPay for information of your personal data that is being processed by or on behalf of QwikPay (Section 30(2) of PDPA);
- to correct any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date at any time; and
- to limit the processing of your personal data including the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your personal data (Section 7(1)(f) of PDPA);
- to unsubscribe to our marketing materials and/or correspondence by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the emails and/or newsletters QwikPay sends to you and following the instructions therein;
- to request for your personal data to be removed from QwikPay’s database by writing in via email to ym.mo1594169210c.yap1594169210kiwq@1594169210enile1594169210rac1594169210
- If you have any request in relation to the abovementioned rights or any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, please write us via email at ym.mo1594169210c.yap1594169210kiwq@1594169210enile1594169210rac1594169210
QwikPay may refuse to comply with your data access request under the circumstances specified in the PDPA and if QwikPay does so, QwikPay will inform you of its refusal and the reason(s) for its refusal.
Class of third parties to whom QwikPay may disclose your personal data
This is the class of persons to whom QwikPay may disclose your personal data:-
- Service provider(s) for:-
- the management of communications on QwikPay’s behalf;
- the arrangement and conduct of QwikPay events, activities and services;
- Any third party or company that QwikPay engages or appoints to conduct statistical analysis;
- Lawyers for the enforcement of QwikPay’s legal rights; and
- Such other authorities, bodies or parties when required by law.
It is obligatory for you to supply QwikPay with your personal data and your failure to do so will result in QwikPay being unable to process your personal data for any of the Purposes.
You will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date (Section 11 of PDPA).
Security of your personal data
QwikPay, when processing your personal data, takes practical steps to protect your personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction including but not limited to the use of procedural and technical safeguards such as encryption, “firewalls” and secure socket layers. If you are aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
However, “perfect security” does not exist on the internet, so QwikPay does not give an absolute assurance that your personal data that you provide to QwikPay will be secure at all times, and QwikPay will not be responsible for any event arising from unauthorised access to or theft of your personal data. QwikPay will not be held responsible for events arising from third parties gaining unauthorised access to or third parties’ theft of your personal data.
Retention of your personal data
Users under the age of 18
The QwikPay website/ QwikPay Mobile App and its related services are not directed at persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you are required to obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide your personal data to QwikPay and/or its related companies.
Inconsistency or conflict
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English language version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English language version shall prevail.
Links to other websites
Thank you for trusting us to responsibly manage your data. We will continue to make update in any way to secure your experience in our app.